The Definitive Guide to GTFS
Learn all about the General Transit Feed Specification (GTFS) and how to consume open public transportation data in The Definitive Guide to GTFS.
Download a Free Sample
This book is not just aimed at those who are new to GTFS; there are many tips and tricks for using GTFS that experienced users of GTFS will also find valuable.
The Definitive Guide to GTFS tells you:
- All about the structure of a GTFS feed
- How to import a GTFS feed to an SQL database and perform queries
- How to search for trips, handle blocks and calculate fares
- Techniques for optimizing a GTFS database in order to minimize resource usage on mobile phones (such as on iOS & Android devices).
Table Of Contents:
1. Introduction to GTFS
2. Agencies (agency.txt)
3. Stops & Stations (stops.txt)
4. Routes (routes.txt)
5. Trips (trips.txt)
6. Stop Times (stop_times.txt)
7. Trip Schedules (calendar.txt & calendar_dates.txt)
8. Fare Definitions (fare_attributes.txt & fare_rules.txt)
9. Trip Shapes (shapes.txt)
10. Repeating Trips (frequencies.txt)
11. Stop Transfers (transfers.txt)
12. Feed Information (feed_info.txt)
13. Importing a GTFS Feed to SQL
14. Switching to Integer IDs
15. Optimizing Shapes
16. Deleting Unused Data
17. Searching for Trips
18. Working With Trip Blocks
19. Calculating Fares
20. Trip Patterns
This book is complemented by The Definitive Guide to GTFS-realtime.
You can save $5 by buying both books together.
Download the free sample now!
You'll get one PDF file and a lot of GTFS goodness :)