Learn all about GTFS-realtime and how to complement static schedule data with real-time vehicle positions, trip updates and service alerts in The Definitive Guide to GTFS-realtime.
This book is not just aimed at those who are new to GTFS and GTFS-realtime; there are many tips and tricks for using GTFS-realtime that experienced users will also find valuable.
The Definitive Guide to GTFS-realtime tells you:
- All about the structure of a GTFS-realtime feed and the GTFS-realtime specification
- How to install and use the Protocol Buffers library in order to read or write GTFS-realtime feeds
- How to import a GTFS-realtime feed to an SQL database alongside a GTFS feed and perform queries
- How to use GTFS-realtime extensions
Table Of Contents:
1. Introduction to GTFS-realtime
2. Introduction to Service Alerts
3. Introduction to Vehicle Positions
4. Introduction to Trip Updates
5. Protocol Buffers
6. Consuming Service Alerts
7. Consuming Vehicle Positions
8. Consuming Trip Updates
9. Storing Feed Data in a Database
10. GTFS-realtime Extensions
11. Publishing GTFS-realtime Feeds
This book complements The Definitive Guide to GTFS.
You can save $5 by buying both books together.
You'll get one PDF file and a lot of GTFS-realtime goodness :)
File Size1.6 MB
- You'll get one PDF file and a lot of GTFS-realtime goodness :)
- File Size1.6 MB